The Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education (TABPHE) is a statewide, voluntary, educational association that represents all levels of higher education and serves as a voice for Black faculty, staff, students and administrators in order to ensure a better educational system for all. TABPHE provides an avenue for professional development opportunities that enrich higher education personnel and improve the quality of their professional growth.
Our Officers are:
Our vision is to ensure that the higher educational system in the state of Texas provides equitable opportunities and advancement for Black personnel while fostering a positive environment for minority students to successfully matriculate.
Some of the services that the Corpus Christi chapter offers are to:
1. act as an advocate for minority students;
2. award scholarships to undergraduate students;
3. assist students and community by holding workshops on current issues affecting the family;
4. the formation of "The Village" Mentoring program (a recruitment and retention program) and
5. holds observances of historical and ethnic holidays otherwise unavailable to students.
Corpus Christi Chapter Monthly Events
Monthly Meetings: First Tuesday every month @ 5:30 pm